Back Christmas under the sign of solidarity
Christmas under the sign of solidarity
The Strasbourg Christmas market
- The highlight: the launch of the famous Strasbourg Christmas Market on Friday 25 November at 6pm on several large squares in the city.
- The City and the Eurometropole are gathering all the information about the events taking place from November 25th and propose a mapping of all the Christmas chalets on their dedicated website here
- The Christmas of sharing: at the foot of the big tree, come and discover the associations and the different actors of solidarity in Strasbourg.
- Craftmanship in the heart of Christmas : If you want to discover and share crafts, don't hesitate to consult this page to make gifts with local colours here
- The OFF market: The Marché off is the market that reinvents Christmas for a more solidary, conscious and authentic market. Open from 11am to 8pm - place Grimmeissen in Petite France
Find here the whole programme and especially the agenda which will give you access to all the events around the Christmas festival. This year the Big Tree will be illuminated but will be less bright than in previous years. Opening hours of the Big Tree here
If you want to explore other parts of Alsace and find out what's going on during the month of December, you can visit the website dedicated to Christmas markets in Alsace here
Christmas wrapping, gift and decoration workshops
- Créative Vintage offers workshops to make your own decorations and create your own original wrapping and gifts
- The BIG Thrift Shop - 26 November from 11am to 7pm - Saint-Pierre-le-Vieux Catholic Church. A big sale of textiles at free prices and many workshops: furoshiki, crochet-upcycling and minute alterations
- Atelier création de boules de Noël - Christmas bauble making workshop 28 November and 12 December from 5pm to 6pm - Square Suzanne Lacore (petite France). Each participant will be able to make three Christmas ornaments with various recycled materials provided.
- DIY Furoshiki workshop, Japanese gift wrapping - 07 December from 3pm to 5pm - Médiathèque ouest in Lingolsheim. Come and discover the furoshiki which uses a square of fabric that is tied to create gift wrapping to replace gift paper and make an aesthetic and reusable wrapping. On registration at the media library or by phone.
Giving a second life to Christmas items
Emmaüs Mundo in Bischheim and Emmaüs Community of Strasbourg re selling Christmas decoration materials at the community from Saturday 5 November until Christmas.
These organisations are also present at the Christmas market in the Village du Partage, Place Kléber, from 25 to 29 November with the sale of a selection of items (decorations, gifts, etc.). Special "Plaisir d'Offrir" sale, at the community, from 3 December until Christmas.
The Secours Populaire Solidarity Shop sells Christmas decorations on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 10am to 12pm and from 1pm to 4pm.
So let's look for an eco-responsible gift and Christmas decorations made with your ten fingers!
Photo credit : Abdesslam Mirdass pour Strasbourg Eurométropole