Stage / Apprentissage / Alternance
INTERNSHIPS / APPRENTICESHIPS
Located on the Rhine corridor and in the tri-national area of the Upper Rhine, the city of Strasbourg enjoys a strategic geographical position. Make the most of a one-of-a-kind network in France: Eucor - The European Campus. This network can provide you with help for entering the job market in the Upper Rhine or it can enable you to enrol in a dual education programme in France, while doing your apprenticeship for >a company in Germany
INTERNSHIPS / TRAINEESHIPS
- Espace Avenir de l'Université de Strasbourg - the career guidance and development centre of the University of Strasbourg guides your searches for work placements and jobs.
- Alumni Unistra: an international network that promotes mutual and intergenerational support and helps university graduates to have access to expertise and find a job after their studies.
- Plateforme de l'Eurométropole de Strasbourg - the Eurometropolis hosts trainees in a variety of areas, such as culture, management, environment, public law, social action, urban planning, computer science, human resources, etc.
- Stage-Alsace is a platform connecting students who looking for work placements with employers in Alsace. This is achieved by strengthening the ties between secondary schools and institutions of higher learning in Alsace, with the business world.The website notifies you by e-mail regarding work placement offers, filed by host structures, that correspond to your criteria and interests.
APPRENTICESHIP AND CONTINUING EDUCATION
- Consult the website of 'apprentissage en Alsace.
This partnership website pulls together into a single location all of the apprenticeship offers in Alsace in the different professional sectors, (there's also a section dedicated to cross-border offers).
- Service de formation continue de l'Université de Strasbourg
- Conservatoire National des Arts et Métiers
- ONISEP Alsace
Every year, ONISEP Alsace publishes a Guide to Apprenticeship in Alsace, in partnership with the Alsace Region and with the support of chambers of commerce, industry, agriculture, crafts and trades, presenting all of the degrees, diplomas and certificates, from the CAP to the engineering degree, that can be obtained through apprenticeships
- La CCI de Strasbourg et du Bas Rhin (Chambre de Commerce et d'Industrie)
The Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCI) helps businesses find the skills they need, and helps young people find employment.
Point A of the CCI of Strasbourg and the Bas-Rhin can provide you with information and career guidance, if you would like to learn more about different lines of business and about the apprenticeship system.The CCI of Strasbourg organises several major events, such as "Apprenticeship Wednesdays" and "Apprenticeship Encounters" (job dating).
- Plateforme de l'Eurométropole de Strasbourg
The Eurometropolis, which is a local authority, takes on young people on apprenticeship contracts. However, it cannot sign qualification or professional training contracts.
- The platform of offers in the Public Service
La bonne alternance, the Pôle emploi apprenticeship search site.
The Alumni network of the University of Strasbourg brings together its students, graduates, doctoral students and staff with the aim of solidarity between generations and disciplines.
By registering for free, you can benefit from:
- job and work-study offers and the deposit of your CV in the application library (+ 1000 recruiters)
- professional networking events (afterworks, webinars, ...)
- access to the directory (+ 30,000 members) for direct contact or a sponsorship request
- a multitude of advice (articles and videos) to get you started professionally
1 young person, 1 solution
The "1 young person, 1 solution" plan aims to offer a solution to each young person: recruitment aid, training, support, financial aid for young people in difficulty, etc. in order to respond to all situations
1 young person, 1 mentor
The "1 young person, 1 mentor" scheme aims to increase the number of young people who benefit from the support of a mentor (student, practising professional or retired), during their school career, in their choice of career or in the professional integration phase. The mentor makes his or her experience and networks available for a few hours per month.
Youth Aid Fund (Fonds d'aide aux jeunes "FAJ")
Since 2020, the Eurometropole also supports young apprentices, via an FAJ alternance - more info
Be careful! You cannot apply directly. The application must be made by an authorised organisation such as the Mission locale pour l'emploi, or the Centre Médico-Social de la Ville de Strasbourg : Club de Jeunes l'ETAGE , Cité Relais , Horizon Amitié, ARSEA GALA , UDAF 67 , CHRU Strasbourg , MLRE Schiltigheim, Foyer Notre Dame ...
Financing of driving licences
Apprentices receive €500 in aid. In parallel, there is loan financing: the "€1 a day driving licence", for all 15-25 year olds. More information here
Entitlement to the activity allowance
Students, trainees and apprentices over 18 years of age are entitled to the activity allowance under certain conditions. Find out all about your entitlement to the bonus here.
You can apply for the activity allowance via a teleservice or at the Caf or MSA. You can run a simulation before applying.