Need to let off some steam between classes? Strasbourg offers a whole range of sports activities, clubs and facilities. Take your pick from the wide selection of possibilities, for free or at student rates. And to attend a match, discover our major Strasbourg teams!
- 66 gymnasiums
- 34 stadiums
- 9 pools, including 1 outdoor and 2 ponds
- 15 tennis sites with a total of 112 courts
- 13 boules courts
- 22 multi-sport fields
- 2 horse-riding centres
- 1 track and field stadium
- 1 ice rink
- 1 skatepark
POOLS AND PONDS
To play sports, relax or just cool down, you'll find 9 pools and 2 ponds in the Eurometropolis of Strasbourg.
The Iceberg, the largest ice rink in France, is located in the Cronenbourg quarter. Combining sports and leisure, this ice rink is open to anyone who loves skating, whether you are a beginner or advanced.
L'OFFICE DES SPORTS DE STRASBOURG
This is an umbrella body for sports associations, and it organises very popular events open to all, such as les Courses de Strasbourg and the night-time Rando-rollers. Consult the website or the Facebook page of l'Office des Sports de Strasbourg.
LE SUAPS (SERVICE UNIVERSITAIRE DES ACTIVITÉS PHYSIQUES ET SPORTIVES)
The SUAPS offers about sixty sport and art activities in the form of classes, short-term sessions and autonomous practice, open to the students of the university and of the educational institutions under contract. Facebook page of the SUAPS of the University of Strasbourg
Sports association of the University of Strasbourg: join this association if you wish to participate in competitions between different parts of the university, or in international competitions (campus and national championships).
The "Bureau du Haut Niveau" (high-level sports office) offers you a plan to accommodate your studies so you can pursue your high-level sports career while continuing your higher education.
Do you feel like running or walking, without leaving the city? Now you can, with Vitaboucle, urban physical activity loops that will let you explore the city differently.
Strasbourg has numerous parks and gardens that are wonderful areas of nature. These nature areas represent a fragile heritage that protects biodiversity. They're also perfect for sports and relaxation.
- The Park and Castle of Pourtalès, with a sculpture garden
- The Deux-Rives Garden and Footbridge, between France and Germany
- The Orangerie English Garden with the Joséphine Pavillon (which hosts many exhibitions and events) and bowling alley
- Citadelle Park with Vauban vestiges
- Contades Park
- Place de la République at the heart of the Neustadt
- The Botanical Gardens
TEAMS AND MAJOR SPORTS EVENTS OF STRASBOURG
Whether you're highly competitive or just want to have some fun, come participate in the many sports events and go to a game… it'll be awesome!
- Basketball: la SIG
- Football (soccer): le Racing Club de Strasbourg Alsace
- Ice hockey: l'Etoile Noire de Strasbourg
- Rugby: Rugby Club de Strasbourg
- Handball: ASPTT Strasbourg and ESSAHB
- Fencing: Strasbourg Université Club
- American football: Le Minotaure de Strasbourg
- Baseball and softball: Outlaws Strasbourg
- Volleyball: Strasbourg Volley Ball and the Constantia Strasbourg Neudorf
- Waterpolo: Team Strasbourg
- Tour EUCOR(tri-national bike race) in June
- Les Internationaux de Tennis de Strasbourgin May
- Les Courses de Strasbourg Europein May
- The NL Contest ( roller/skate/BMX/Trot' competition) in June
- Eurotournoi de Handballin July
- Les Randos rollernocturnes from April to September
- La Strasbourgeoise in October