Strasbourg has the largest tramway system in France and is the most bike-friendly French city! It's easy to get to class without getting up too early. If you'd like to zip around on a bike, opt for a Vélhop pass at a price that'll fit your budget.
BUS & TRAM
(CTS), the Strasbourg public transport authority, meets your mobility needs in the Strasbourg area, with its:
- 65 km of lines- 6 tram lines
- 30 city bus lines
- 1 bus rapid transit line (BRT)
- 3 night lines: N1, N2, N3
- 1 line to Kehl (Germany)
- 1 pass: the Badgéo smart card or the Pass Campus, your key to the CTS system.
CTS SOLIDARITY PRICING
The Eurometropolis of Strasbourg has decided to implement solidarity pricing. This consists of providing discounts on the cost of the monthly pass, based on your age and Family Quotient tax rate: https://demarches.strasbourg.eu/sante-social/quotient-familial/
With over 600 km of cycle paths and facilities in Strasbourg, cycling is a mode of transportation in its own right, all over the city!
The Eurometropolis of Strasbourg offers Vélhop, a simple and convenient bike-share system for all of your daily trips. Discounts are available for young people and students.
Special rates are available for young people and students:
Scholarship students: 10 euros for the school year.
Non scholarship students: from 42 euros for the school year
More information here
- Association CADR 67 promotes using all kinds of bicycles as a means of transportation in various ways: e.g. through pre-owned bike sales, bike marking, etc.
- Vélostation, is a workshop fully dedicated to teaching bicycle maintenance and repair.
- Association Bretz'selle promotes cycling through a wide variety of actions: teaching mechanics, running equipped workshops open to cyclists, where you repair your own bike, putting to good use unused bikes and organizing bike-themed fests, all year long.
- Vélos-trouvés, (Lost & Found Bikes) is a website of the Eurometropolis of Strasbourg that posts photographs online of bicycles found by the police. If you identify a bike that belongs to you, contact the police station.
- Emmaüs is a platformwhere you can buy a used bike all year long or during special sales.
Le PassMobilité ( or the mobility pass) gives you access to all of the mobility solutions of the Eurometropolis of Strasbourg. It is a pass that combines 4 modes of transport, depending on your needs (tram, bus, Vélhop bike sharing and Citiz car sharing).
StrasMap is a map application of the City and Eurometropolis of Strasbourg, which makes it easier for you to get around the entire urban area. StrasMap is a mobile app (Android and iOS), however it also exists in a desktop version.
StrasPlus an application that enables you to obtain information in real time: time of arrival of the next two buses or trams at the stop where you are waiting, waiting time, detours, trip planning, Vélhop stations, traffic conditions, and more.
CAR SHARING: CITIZ AND YEA!
Citiz is easy to use! Simply book and get secure access to a car, even in the middle of the night.
Click here to visit the website of the Citiz car-sharing service.
Yea! is the self-service car-sharing system without stations or reservations, offered by Citiz Alsace.
Visit the page of the yea! system.
At the crossroads of the rail lines between Paris and Munich and between Frankfurt and Marseille, Strasbourg truly is a high-speed train hub.
Consult the page about the European railway junction.
Consult the website of the SNCF to discover the many destinations of the eastern TGV and Rhine-Rhone TGV lines.
To get around the local area, you can also opt for the regional express train system (TER), with offers and special fares.
PARKING FOR RESIDENTS
The resident parking system enables you to park your vehicle at a preferential rate in paid parking areas.
HIBUS: IDEAS & TIPS / NIGHT BUSES
Since September 2013, the CTS has been running three special bus lines so you can get around at night.The N1, N2 and N3 night bus lines run from 11:30 pm to 5:30 am every Thursday, Friday and Saturday (including holidays) and serve Strasbourg's popular nightlife spots.